Tue, Jul 25|
Online via Zoom
Love Your Neighborhood Workshop: Flower Arranging
Join us to learn how to arrange flowers from your garden or the grocery store in small beautiful bouquets for your neighbors. Also, get tips for different budget friendly containers for your arrangements. Registration for this event will open July 7th.
Time & Location
Jul 25, 2023, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM CDT
Online via Zoom
About the event
Love Your Neighborhood Workshops are quarterly virtual events designed to help you spread neighborly love and kindness right where you live! Our next workshop will be led by our friend Sara Johnson. Sara will teach you how to arrange flowers to look beautiful, on a budget. Using flowers from your own yard, cut flowers from a stem bar, or a budget bouquet from your grocery store you will learn how to arrange flowers that will brighten the day of any neighbor.
You’ll need to gather the following supplies before the workshop:
- a jar or other vessel for your arrangement, filled halfway with water.
- a clean pair of garden shears or scissors (kitchen shears work great)
- 2-3 varieties of flowers. Suggestions include sunflowers, zinnias, giant marigolds, cosmos, billy buttons, daisies, asters
- 1-2 varieties of filler. Suggestions include large herbs like dill or basil, yarrow, statice, dusty miller, eucalyptus, baby’s breath, or bupleurum.
- Clear scotch tape
- Note: keep your blooms in water until the workshop!
This event is free and open to all, but an RSVP is required. Registration will open July 7th. The Zoom link will be in your confirmation email.